Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cheater-cheater!

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine when I'm at the gym.  I roll up to the first available treadmill, place my water bottle and towel in their accessible positions and start to walk.  Every two minutes, I increase the incline. I hum along to my tunes and notice out of the corner of my eye, the person next to me, is gripping the treadmill for their life.

Guy or girl, doesn't matter.  They're holding onto the treadmill and ignoring that fact that by doing so, they are negating 15-20% of the calories they *think* they are burning.  Treadmill, elliptical, moving stairs, whichever....You are cheating!  Cheating yourself more than anything.  Little legs are wildly flailing and your knuckles are turning white.  It's probably the part of your body getting the greatest workout.

Cardio is hard.  The hardest thing is showing up consistently.  The next hardest thing is consistently challenging your body, so you don't plateau.

I know, I know....I shouldn't judge, but it infuriates me to see people continue such bad habits in the gym, just KNOWING that somewhere out there, they are griping to someone about seeing no results.

Just stop hanging onto the railings people....swing your arms, clench your buttocks, get results!